Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog Post #6 Suzanne Bachman

Fly on the Wall story


On a chilly October day, I went into Bruno’s for my normal lunch routine.  I stopped by the cafe to get a coffee to warm me up.  The sweet smell of pumpkin spice lattes really drew me in.  The time was around 12 o’clock, which as many know is the busiest time in Bruno’s.  I enter, and was suddenly hit with the aroma of chicken wraps that were being served at the grill.  There were so many people gathered around trying to get a quick snack before their next class.  I walked in to get some food, and I was shoulder to shoulder with people.  I went to get a table, and this circular table was situated in the middle of Bruno’s in the  middle of all of the excitement.  
As I got myself situated, you can really tell all the cliques that form.  You can easily tell the group of baseball players with their “PSBB” monogrammed attire.  The basketball players were all sitting together and talking about their new season, and all the training and practices they were going through.  All the different ethnicites of the school all convened together in to their different tables.  My really good Egyptian friend was sitting at a nearby table.  He did not see me, and seemed worried and his mind seemed to be somewhere else.  He seemed to be fighting with his girlfriend on the phone.  The professors that came in at that time seemed to all gather in the back and work on their laptops.  
As the time went by, everyone collected their things and slowly left.  All the conversations slowly came to a close, and people went on with their daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment